December 12, 2016

Pressing On…

It is Monday, and it is my second-to-last day of school at GCU. It is always bittersweet when the end of the semester arrives. For one thing, I am excited to be finished, to have my break (winter or summer), and to be done with my 30-minute commute (back and forth). But, for another, I am sad to see my students move on, to leave my class, or to leave my school (some make the difficult decision not to return to campus). In all, I find the whole process of “finals” week to be both happy AND sad.

The good news is that today also marks Day 1 of my Dissertation Drive toward the finish line. I have tried to work on my research AND keep up with my teaching and grading duties, but my dissertation always fell off the “to do” list when I was slammed against the wall to get everything finished. However, today is my second to last day of teaching, and for all intents and purposes, my of my grading is completed. I will have final essays and participation to update next week, and my online classes will have discussion boards and final papers due, but mostly I will be reading essays tomorrow and grading them (feedback), and then reviewing final drafts once the students turn them in next week. It still seems like a lot of work, but compared to my last couple weeks, I would say it will be fairly low-key, business as usual, through the Christmas.

This is a short blog post simply because I have to get ready for class, and in between blogging and coloring my hair, well, I got sidetracked with other business. Now, it is 10:30 a.m., and I have about an hour before it is time to head over to GCU. My morning has flown by, and I need to get busy or I will be running later than I should.

Be blessed, faithful readers!

No comments: