April 16, 2017

He is Risen!

Happy Easter! It is a blessed day today. I woke up early so I could attend church with my parents. I missed my own church, but because my folks wanted all of us to attend together, I decided to go along with them. Plus, their church always has a breakfast brunch in between services. It was a good morning, and I was happy to be able to see some of my parents' friends.

It is a good day today, nonetheless. I am thankful for the resurrection of my Lord and my Savior, Jesus. I am thankful for the life He has given to me -- in this present time and in eternity. I am thankful that He has taken hold of my life and that in this way, I am able to rest securely knowing that my Lord is fully able to handle whatever concerns me this good, good day.

As I think about Easter celebrations of the past, I remember so many wonderful moments, especially when my son was little. Easter, like Christmas, was a special time in our home. I loved to decorate, plan, and then host little parties for our family members and friends. It was always simple back then since I didn't have very much money. But, I tried to make it special, and I think that in many ways, I did.

Now, that young boy is a grown man. He still got an Easter basket with a chocolate bunny and some Bubble Tape. He still got colored eggs. I guess I will always be the "Easter Bunny" in my home, no matter how old my son gets. It was good day knowing that my son was out playing keyboards for Central Christian Church, and that of all the places he could be on an Easter morning, he chose to worship the Lord in a church praise band. I am also thankful that despite the ups and downs of our life, and the divorce, my son is still seeking to know the Lord. He is still seeking Him. I pray that his faith continues to grow, and that his experience in knowing His God deepens as he develops and matures. I believe the Lord has such a good plan for his life, and just as in my own case, the Lord knows these plans and is working on bringing these plans to pass.

In all, this Easter reminded me that Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection not only brought salvation and eternal security, but it brought new life -- renewed life -- and that day in and day out, this renewed life is ours through the blessed indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Yes, we can celebrate Jesus' resurrection daily because the "newness of life" is born again within us every single day we live, breath, and walk in this world.

Today is a new day, and I am thankful for my Lord and His precious gift of life. #HeIsRisen2017


No comments: